Love London? This blog will remind you why.

Welcome in. Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy a little bit of London with Molly and Berts (cup of Rosie and choice of biscuits optional).

Saturday 19 September 2009

London's Best Front Gardener?



OK, so ready yourself for some serious vegetable envy. In answer to those that think a small London garden is no place for a vegetable, I took these pictures of the lushest, most productive front garden I've ever seen. The front gardener had squashes climbing two stories of their house, chilli plants as big as a (rather large) small child, rows of aubergine plants, laden tomato plants, and a big patch of something purplish that I couldn't even recognise. I only wish I could have seen the back garden.

I myself grow vegetables front and back, and have noticed more and more productive gardens as I cycle round London, but this one wins the prize (not that there is a prize, but if there was, they'd get it)!

If you have a front or back garden, a balcony or even a window sill, you can enjoy the thrill, taste and nutrition of home grown herbs, salads, fruit or veg. For courses on 'urban farming' have a look at london.floodlight.co.uk

Follow the exploits of one such gardener at londonvegetablegarden.blogspot.com

If you don't even have a windowsill, or your growing ambitions are bigger than your garden can manage, an allotment might be for you. For more information try www.londonallotments.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...